Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Retirement Time

I am effectively retiring from active promotion of the "Wizard Card Game". It never was my obligation to actively participate in marketing and promotion. At 90 I face many other challenges. Problems are on the rise and my skill-set is diminishing. I have cancelled plans for the 2nd "WAIT" tournament scheduled for "The Old Stone Inn" in "Niagara Falls"in 2027. I will continue to fund the Wizard web-site.and I am confident that Carles will continue his excellent work. However, I will no longer provide financial support for any other endeavors. It is my hope that Ricardo of "U.S.Games Systems" will take up some of the slack. Copious thanks to all of the players who have worked over the years to make "Wizard" a success. I hope to continue to enjoy online games with everyone as time permits.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your well deserved retirement from wizard Ken. You have been an inspiration to all of us who greatly appreciate all that you have done to bring this game we love to the greater community of card players. You and Joan have spent thousands of hours on this endeavor and we are in your debt for that. I know I speak for many others when I say that I look forward to playing you online for many years to come. All the best. Stay well. Stay healthy.

    It has been an honor and a privilege to spend time with you over the years in person and on line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this heartfelt message with the Wizard community.
    While it is sad to hear that you are stepping back from actively promoting Wizard, it is impossible not to admire everything you have accomplished over the years. Your passion, creativity, and generosity have brought together thousands of players from around the world and created friendships that extend far beyond the game itself.
    At 90, you have certainly earned the right to focus on what matters most to you. Your continued support of the Wizard website is already a generous contribution, and we are grateful that you'll still join us for online games whenever you can.
    Thank you for creating a game that has given so many of us countless hours of enjoyment and unforgettable memories. The Wizard community exists because of your vision, and your legacy will continue through the players and organizers who carry that passion forward.
    We wish you good health, happiness, and many enjoyable games in the years ahead.
    With sincere gratitude and best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your retirement, Ken. Time to do whatever brings you joy and peace.

    Thank you so much for creating Wizard and your wonderful website, that both have brought me countless hours of fun and that have led to special friendships that never would have happened otherwise. Also, thank you for subsidizing my three annual North American tournaments and for sponsoring so many of us so that we could compete in the World Championships in Europe.

    I wish you and Joan much happiness and good health.

    I look forward to playing more games with you and all my other Wizard friends on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken,

    You have done an excellent job in promoting and disseminating this magnificent game over the years, which are already 40 since the launch of the first commercial edition, in 1986.

    Thanks to you and the Wizard we have made many new friends around the world and enjoyed many hours of fun (and we will continue to do so).

    Retirement is another milestone on the path of life, and when it arrives we must focus on the most essential things.

    I wish you good health and happiness with your wife Joan for many years, while stating that it is an honor and a privilege to be part of this great family that represents the Wizard.

    Carles

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😢😭 🙋‍♂️

    ReplyDelete